20 May 2010

Spritz cookie recipie for a Cookie Press

Just received my Pampered Chef Cookie Press and done my first batch of cookies.

Looking online at the different reviews some people seem to have had problems with the mixture and getting it to work correctly.

I printed out to recipes and did a combination of them, and the results were good. It took me a few goes to get the hang of the press. I tried doing the cookies onto a silicon sheet...bad idea! Direct to the baking tin is best. There is enough fat in the mixture to stop them sticking once they are cooked.

Here is my version (I use the American Cup sizing)


Ingredients
1.5 cups or 7.5oz margarine or butter (not the spreadable marg - I used a combination of 3oz butter and 4.5 marg)
1 cup or 5oz sugar (I used Golden Caster)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3.5 cups or 17.5oz plain flour
2 tablespoons water
Pinch of Salt

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375f or Gas Mark 5
Beat butter/Marg till creamy. (I used a handheld electrc mixer)
Add sugar, beat.
Add egg, salt and vanilla, beat.
Add flour one cup (5oz) at a time, beat.

The dough will be soft, this is fine it needs to be.

Fill your cookie press and follow instructions for your own press to create your cookies.

bake for 10-12 minutes until they are nicely golden.

Next time i would like to try sprinkling on some 100's and 1000's, put some allspice in the mixture and try a chocolate and a lemon version. As long as the mixture is smooth there shouldn't be a problem.

0 comments: