12 August 2008

Fab book...

The Phantom Tollbooth (Essential Modern Classics)
by Norton Juster

I haven't quite finished it yet, but it is so good I had to tell someone about it!

It probably would be aimed at children age 12+. A friend recomended it to me saying `it changed my life'. There are not many books you read to which you can hold that claim. When I quizzed him further he said it made him look at things differently.

Without giving much away, it's the story of a boy called Milo who enters this strange world throught a phantom tollbooth. This world seems to be able to shed light on the quirks and idiosyncrasies of our world and the way we do things in an entertaining way. All I can say is please read it, it will change the way you view the world.

I think it will become one of those books that will be read, re-read and recommended in our household.

0 comments: